Descendants of Early Albertson
Last updated on 26 March 2007
Generation No. 1
1. Early1 Albertson was born 25 Jun 1756 in Pitt Co., NC. He married Elizabeth Coulson 02 Mar 1780.
Notes for Early Albertson:
Early served in the Revolutionary War during three different periods. Last discharged in 1778. Revolutionary War pension dated 28 May 1834. He moved to east Tennessee and purchased 111 acres on Lost Creek by deed dated 24 January 1797. On 27 Nov 1799, he sold his property and moved to Pusaski Co., KY. In 1805 he moved to Overton Co., TN on land described as being on the waters of the Obed River granted to him by grant number 2084 dated 30 Oct 1811 based on entry number 721. (From the book, The History of Fentress Co., Tennessee. 1987, vol. I.)
Children of Early Albertson and Elizabeth Coulson are:
+ 2 i. Soloman2 Albertson, born 31 Jan 1781; died 1845.
3 ii. Martha Albertson, born 24 Feb 1782.
4 iii. Early Albertson, born 24 Oct 1784.
Generation No. 2
2. Soloman2 Albertson (Early1) was born 31 Jan 1781, and died 1845. He married Mary Allred.
Notes for Soloman Albertson:
Probably born in North Carolina.
Children of Soloman Albertson and Mary Allred are:
5 i. Early3 Albertson.
6 ii. John Albertson.
+ 7 iii. Solomon Mitchel Albertson, born 1809 in PA (?); died 1896.
Generation No. 3
7. Solomon Mitchel3 Albertson (Soloman2, Early1) was born 1809 in PA (?), and died 1896. He married (1) Mary Robertson. He married (2) Marie Wilson.
Notes for Solomon Mitchel Albertson:
Moved to Tennessee and then to Kentucky.
Children of Solomon Albertson and Mary Robertson are:
8 i. Elizabeth Ann4 Albertson.
9 ii. M. Luther Albertson.
10 iii. Nicholas Albertson.
11 iv. Soloman Albertson.
12 v. Catherine Albertson.
13 vi. Rebecca Albertson.
14 vii. Jolim Albertson.
15 viii. Henry Albertson.
16 ix. Polly Albertson.
17 x. William Albertson.
Children of Solomon Albertson and Marie Wilson are:
18 i. Margaret4 Albertson.
19 ii. James Albertson.
+ 20 iii. Mitchel Albertson, born 30 Dec 1859 in Jamestown, (Fentress Co.) TN; died 27 Apr 1933 in Adair Cty, KY.
Generation No. 4
20. Mitchel4 Albertson (Solomon Mitchel3, Soloman2, Early1) was born 30 Dec 1859 in Jamestown, (Fentress Co.) TN, and died 27 Apr 1933 in Adair Cty, KY. He married (1) Margaret A. L. Crawley 04 Jul 1878 in Clinton, Co., KY, daughter of Unknown Crawley and Emily Shelley. He married (2) Cassandra Elizabeth Woodrum 1885, daughter of Milton Woodrum and Mary Zachary.
Notes for Mitchel Albertson:
Methodist Minister. Later changed to Church of God. Family lore says he refused to go to a school that the Mehodist Church required of him to be ordained and then changed churches. Avis Marie (Powell) Thompson (Mitchell's granddaughter) says he was married to other women. One wife's name was Becky, she thought. Clara Ina Albertson (Mitchell's daughter) recorded that Mitchell's first wife's name was Laurie Shelly, but this is now questionable. There were other Shelleys in the family line.
Notes for Margaret A. L. Crawley:
Margaret A.L. "Laina" Crawley is her maiden name on the marriage license.
Margaret is listed in the 1860 U. S. Census for Clinton Co., KY, page 61, line 24, dwelling 425, family 425, living with Emily Shelley Crawley, Daniel Shelley, and Margaret "Peggy" Shy Shelley. Her age is listed as 1. She is also listed in the 1870 U. S. Census for Clinton Co., KY, Dist 4, page 5, dwelling 37, family 35, line 9, living with stepfther Randolph S. Maxey, mother Emily, and grandmother "Peggy" Shelley. She is listed as age 11.
In the 1880 U. S. Census for Clinton Co., KY, vol 6, sheet 25, line 28, dwelling 235, family 240, living with her mother Emily, half-brother John H. Maxey,her husband Mitchell Albertson and her daughter Hester A. Albertson, age 21 months.
Marriage Notes for Mitchel Albertson and Margaret Crawley:
The listing for this marriage can be found in the KY Dept for Libraries and Archives (microfilm 994032) listing the groom Mitchell Albertson, age 19, born in Tennessee and the bride M. A. L. Crawley, age 20 born in Clinton Co., KY dated 4 July 1878. Lanny Crawley (firstname.lastname@example.org) has a photo copy of this document and is the source for much of the Crawley information.)
Children of Mitchel Albertson and Margaret Crawley are:
21 i. Hester5 Albertson, born Abt. 1878; died in Hopkinsville, KY.
+ 22 ii. Luther Albertson, born Aft. 1880.
Children of Mitchel Albertson and Cassandra Woodrum are:
+ 23 i. Aretha Esther5 Albertson, born 06 Mar 1886; died 04 Nov 1963 in Adair Cty, KY.
+ 24 ii. Mary Ethia Albertson, born 30 Jun 1889.
+ 25 iii. Exonia Ermin Albertson, born 02 Jun 1893; died 18 Apr 1977 in Christian Cty, KY.
+ 26 iv. Clara Ina Albertson, born 01 Apr 1898 in Breeding, (Adair Co.) KY; died 11 Mar 1995 in Chandler, TX.
Generation No. 5
22. Luther5 Albertson (Mitchel4, Solomon Mitchel3, Soloman2, Early1) was born Aft. 1880. He married Mamie Unknown.
Notes for Luther Albertson:
Lived north of Louisville in Indiana.
Child of Luther Albertson and Mamie Unknown is:
27 i. Luther6 Albertson.
23. Aretha Esther5 Albertson (Mitchel4, Solomon Mitchel3, Soloman2, Early1) was born 06 Mar 1886, and died 04 Nov 1963 in Adair Cty, KY. She married Will Curtsinger.
Children of Aretha Albertson and Will Curtsinger are:
28 i. Amadia6 Curtsinger.
29 ii. Ramey Curtsinger.
30 iii. Estelle Curtsinger.
31 iv. Beatrice Curtsinger.
32 v. Althea "Alta" Curtsinger, born 27 Nov 1909.
33 vi. Eventice Curtsinger, born 29 Apr 1912.
34 vii. Eunice Edith Curtsinger, born 01 Nov 1914.
24. Mary Ethia5 Albertson (Mitchel4, Solomon Mitchel3, Soloman2, Early1) was born 30 Jun 1889. She married John "Johnny" Brown.
Children of Mary Albertson and John Brown are:
35 i. Mary Edith6 Brown.
36 ii. Marvin Brown.
25. Exonia Ermin5 Albertson (Mitchel4, Solomon Mitchel3, Soloman2, Early1) was born 02 Jun 1893, and died 18 Apr 1977 in Christian Cty, KY. She married Frank Christopher.
Children of Exonia Albertson and Frank Christopher are:
37 i. Mitchell Frank6 Christopher.
38 ii. Louise Christopher.
39 iii. Mabel Christopher.
40 iv. Ruby Christopher.
26. Clara Ina5 Albertson (Mitchel4, Solomon Mitchel3, Soloman2, Early1) was born 01 Apr 1898 in Breeding, (Adair Co.) KY, and died 11 Mar 1995 in Chandler, TX. She married (1) William Henry Harrison Powell 05 Feb 1920 in Columbia, KY, son of Peter Powell and Lucinda Dehart. She married (2) Asa Warner Abt. 1969 in Adair Cty, KY.
Children of Clara Albertson and William Powell are:
41 i. Avis Marie6 Powell, born 13 Apr 1921 in Columbia, KY. She married Warren Winchell Thompson 03 Sep 1948 in Oakland, CA.
42 ii. Mitchell Woodruff Powell, born 24 Feb 1923 in Columbia, KY. He married Winefred Inez Hudgins 10 Mar 1947 in Tulsa, OK.