Descendants of Albert Murphy
Return to Home Page
Page last updated on 26 March 2007
Generation No. 1
1. Albert1 Murphy was born in OH. He married Rosanna Whitmeyer.
Child of Albert Murphy and Rosanna Whitmeyer is:
+ 2 i. Montraville2 Murphy, born 20 Oct 1837 in IN; died 07 Sep 1902 in Harper, KS.
Generation No. 2
2. Montraville2 Murphy (Albert1) was born 20 Oct 1837 in IN, and died 07 Sep 1902 in Harper, KS. He married Ruth Jane Paine.
Notes for Montraville Murphy:
Military Service was with Co. E, 17th KS Inf. Listed as member of GAR on gravestone.
KS Census, Barber Co., Medicine Lodge; vol 2, ED 315, sheet 15, line 18. Listed as stock raiser in 1880 census, but Gloria (Wright) Inbody remembers him as having been a "mercantile man." This was supposedly the reason her grandma (Minnie (Murphy) Wright) always had such pretty dresses when growing up. Minnie Wright's stories told of time living in a sod house near Medicine Lodge, probably during the late 1870s or 1880s. Gloria Inbody has a picture of the store which was owned by Mont Murphy in Harper, KS.
Notes for Ruth Jane Paine:
I originally had this name as Ruth Josephine Pierce, but that was mostly supposition on my part. I knew of the Ruth J, but did not know the last name for sure.
Children of Montraville Murphy and Ruth Paine are:
4 ii. Peter Murphy, born 1863 in IA. He married Ora Swingle 25 Mar 1884 in Harper, KS Methodist Episcopal Church.
5 iii. Elizabeth Murphy, born 1866 in KS. She married Louis Labrecht 03 Nov 1885 in Harper, KS.
Notes for Louis Labrecht:
President of Merchant's Bank in Kansas City. Died during the 1930s or early 1940s. Lived in Kansas City, Missouri.
+ 6 iv. Minnie Lucinda Murphy, born 07 Jul 1868 in LaCygne, KS; died Jun 1967 in Kansas City, MO.
7 v. Emma Josephine Murphy, born 1870 in KS. She married H. D. Johnson 03 Jun 1894 in Harper, KS Methodist Episcopal Church.
Notes for Emma Josephine Murphy:
Lived in Oklahoma. Gloria (Wright) Inbody remembers Aunt Jo. Gloria visited her often when she was young.
8 vi. Rhoda Murphy, born 1872 in KS. She married Louis H. Felrath 16 Feb 1892 in Harper, KS Methodist Episcopal Church.
9 vii. Ezra Murphy, born 1875 in KS. He married Dora Barney 30 Jun 1898 in Harper, KS Methodist Episcopal Church.
10 viii. Milton Murphy, born Aft. 1875. He married Ida May Unknown.
Generation No. 3
3. Jesse3 Murphy (Montraville2, Albert1) was born 30 Mar 1861 in IA, and died 03 Jan 1927 in Wichita, KS. He married (1) Minerva Ann Unknown. He married (2) Rosamond Dell Fisher 11 Nov 1895 in Harper, KS Methodist Episcopal Church.
Notes for Minerva Ann Unknown:
16 Jun 1893 Notice of death in Harper Sentinel
Child of Jesse Murphy and Minerva Unknown is:
Children of Jesse Murphy and Rosamond Fisher are:
13 ii. Ora Dayton Murphy, born 04 Aug 1901 in Harper, KS; died 1983.
Notes for Ora Dayton Murphy:
Married 3 times. Information received from Patrick Tribbey.
14 iii. Margaret Virginia Murphy, born 06 Jul 1904 in Harper, KS. She married Leo Jardot.
15 iv. John Monterville Murphy, born 14 Nov 1906 in Harper, KS. He married Shirley Patrick.
16 v. Melvin Wesley Murphy, born 07 Jun 1910 in Harper, KS; died 22 Sep 1976 in Ponca City, Kay Co., OK. He married Lucille Maggie Cullers 14 Sep 1939 in Enid, Garfield Co., OK.
17 vi. Elizabeth Frances Murphy, born 14 Feb 1913 in Harper, KS. She married Ira Burns Hendricks 28 Feb 1931 in Harper, KS.
Notes for Elizabeth Frances Murphy:
Her family name of Aunt Opie was pronounced "Awepee" not "Opee".
18 vii. Virgil Alfred Murphy, born 30 May 1917 in Harper, KS; died 20 Jul 1969. He married Laverna Freckenschmidt.
6. Minnie Lucinda3 Murphy (Montraville2, Albert1) was born 07 Jul 1868 in LaCygne, KS, and died Jun 1967 in Kansas City, MO. She married Frank Hardin Wright 14 Jul 1887 in Harper, KS, son of John Wright and Elizabeth Robinson.
Notes for Frank Hardin Wright:
Listed in 1920 MO Census (08 Jan 1920):
Living at 528 Cypress Avenue, Kansas City, MO (Jackson Co.)
Wright Frank Head Owns home (mortgaged) M age 55 born in KY, Oil Company
Minnie Wife F age 51 born in KS
Frank Son M age 21 born in MO, Clerk at Oil Company
Luther Son M age 17 born in MO
Authwaib, Charles Boarder M age 48 born in MO, Pharmacist
Gloria June (Wright) Inbody remembers a very large rocking chair in the home of her grandmother (Minnie) in which she loved to sit. It was apparently specially built for him as he was a very large man. A picture of Frank Wright sitting in the chair supposedly exists in Topeka.
Children of Minnie Murphy and Frank Wright are:
+ 20 ii. Louise Murphy Wright, born 02 Sep 1891.
+ 21 iii. Frank Hardin Wright, born 11 Aug 1898 in Kansas City, MO; died Oct 1966 in Kansas City, MO.
+ 22 iv. Luther George Wright, born 13 Nov 1903 in Kansas City, MO; died Jun 1924.
Generation No. 4
12. Mary Lillian4 Murphy (Jesse3, Montraville2, Albert1) was born 13 Mar 1899, and died 25 Jun 1971 in Enid, OK. She married Ernest Everett Tribbey 1921.
Child of Mary Murphy and Ernest Tribbey is:
19. Ruth Lucille4 Wright (Minnie Lucinda3 Murphy, Montraville2, Albert1) was born 25 Sep 1888. She married Mont Roberts 23 Oct 1907.
Children of Ruth Wright and Mont Roberts are:
25 ii. Martha Lucille Roberts, born 14 Jan 1913.
26 iii. Minnie Jean Roberts, born 02 Apr 1921.
20. Louise Murphy4 Wright (Minnie Lucinda3 Murphy, Montraville2, Albert1) was born 02 Sep 1891. She married Ernie Morgan 28 Jan 1913.
Children of Louise Wright and Ernie Morgan are:
28 ii. Ernest John Morgan, born 10 Dec 1923. He married Mabel Lucille Steingart.
21. Frank Hardin4 Wright (Minnie Lucinda3 Murphy, Montraville2, Albert1) was born 11 Aug 1898 in Kansas City, MO, and died Oct 1966 in Kansas City, MO. He married Gladys Fontella Hamilton 14 Jul 1926 in Kansas City, MO, daughter of Cleophas Hamilton and Belle Stanley.
Children of Frank Wright and Gladys Hamilton are:
30 ii. Gloria June Wright, born 16 Mar 1930 in Kansas City, MO. She married Donald Earl Inbody 03 Jun 1950 in Kansas City, MO.
31 iii. Martha Sue Wright, born 10 May 1934. She married Millard Tosh.
22. Luther George4 Wright (Minnie Lucinda3 Murphy, Montraville2, Albert1) was born 13 Nov 1903 in Kansas City, MO, and died Jun 1924. He married Marguerite McMillan Jun 1924.
Children of Luther Wright and Marguerite McMillan are:
33 ii. Joyce Elaine Wright, born 28 Nov 1940.